Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) Exploratorium (1)
- American Museum of Natural History (1)
- Butler University (1)
- California Academy of Sciences (1)
- College of Exploration (1)
- Colorado State University (1)
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science (1)
- Literacy Volunteers America of Monroe County (1)
- Miami Museum of Science / Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science (1)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (1)
- Nurture Nature Center (1)
- Science Museum of Minnesota (1)
- Science Museum of Virginia (1)
- Seacoast Science Center (1)
- University of Maryland / Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites (CICS-M) (1)
- University of Wisconsin–Madison / Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS) (1)
Embedding NOAA in a Public Learning Laboratory - The Environmental Scientist-In-Residence Program at the Exploratorium
The Environmental Scientist-in-Residence Program will leverage NOAA's scientific assets and personnel by combining them with the creativity and educational knowledge of the pioneer hands-on science center. To do this, the program will embed NOAA scientists in a public education laboratory at the Exploratorium. Working closely with youth Explainers, exhibit developers, and Web and interactive media producers at the Exploratorium, NOAA scientists will share instruments, data, and their professional expertise with a variety of public audiences inside the museum and on the Web. At the same time the scientists will gain valuable skills in informal science communication and education. Through cutting-edge iPad displays, screen-based visualizations, data-enriched maps and sensor displays, and innovative interactions with visitors on the museum floor, this learning laboratory will enable NOAA scientists and Exploratorium staff to investigate new hands-on techniques for engaging the public in NOAA's environmental research and monitoring efforts.