Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) Oregon State University (OSU) / Hatfield Marine Science Center (1)
- American Museum of Natural History (1)
- Bishop Museum (1)
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery (1)
- Lawrence Hall of Science (1)
- North Carolina Aquarium Society / North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island (1)
- Smithsonian Institution / National Zoological Park (1)
- Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts (1)
Visitors and Visualizations: Creating Meaningful Experiences with Global Data
This project will establish a new spherical display system exhibit. The Hatfield Marine Science Visitor Center (Newport, Oregon) will acquire and install a 3 ft. Magic Planet as part of a larger interactive data visualization exhibit. Pacific Northwest regional data sets will complement NOAA global data to serve as a model education program. Specific focus areas include coastal climates, hypoxia/dead zones, algal blooms, and/or aquatic invasive species. The Principle Investigator for this project have unique expertise in K-12 education, teacher professional development, curriculum development and evaluation, particularly in free-choice learning environments.