NOAA education accomplishments
Advancing NOAA's mission through education
Each year, the NOAA Education community helps connect and inspire millions of people with NOAA's mission. The Education Council gathers information on the reach, progress, and impacts of these efforts and reports them through annual output measures and accomplishments reports.
Fiscal year 2022 common measures
NOAA’s common measures are collected from programs across NOAA and are one way we communicate the reach of our investments to the public, students, and educators. Partners such as academic institutions, educational organizations, and other federal, state, and local agencies extend our ability to reach our target audiences.
As institutions reopen their doors to the public , we are once again reporting the number of people who visited informal education institutions hosting NOAA-supported exhibits and programs after a two-year hiatus in response to COVID-19. We are also pleased to be piloting a new measure related to environmental actions. All programs did not submit data during the pilot year, but this number gives a sense of the scope of what our education community is doing collectively to engage participants in actions that impact the environment.
*2022 was the pilot year for this metric. Some programs did not collect or submit data.
These reports feature stories that illustrate how we connect the nation with NOAA-related sciences, places, products, and services. You can also explore our stories in an interactive map offsite link.
- Fiscal Year 2022 Accomplishments Report
- Fiscal Year 2021 Accomplishments Report
- Fiscal Year 2020 Accomplishments Report
- Fiscal Year 2019 Accomplishments Report
- Fiscal Year 2018 Accomplishments Report
- Fiscal Year 2017 Accomplishments Report, Accomplishments Summary
- Fiscal Year 2016 Accomplishments Report, Accomplishments Summary, Reference Document
- Fiscal Year 2015 Accomplishments Report
- Fiscal Year 2014 Accomplishments Report
- Fiscal Year 2013 Accomplishments Report
- Fiscal Year 2012 Accomplishments Report
Education accomplishments for fiscal years 2009-2011 appear in the NOAA Blue Book - Budget Summary.
- Fiscal Year 2011 in the NOAA Blue Book
- Fiscal Year 2010 in the NOAA Blue Book
- Fiscal Year 2009 in the NOAA Blue Book