Professional, Scientific and Technical (ProTech) services is a suite of contracting vehicles that consists of Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) multiple award contracts, multiple award and single award Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs), and other contract types organized into four Domains: Satellite, Fisheries, Oceans, and Weather.
These Domains will provide an industrial base of professional, scientific, and technical resources in support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to include its Line and Staff Offices. The contracts may also be used by other Bureaus within the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), where applicable. The ceiling dollar amount for all orders under all ProTech Domains is $3,000,000,000.
The overall objectives of the ProTech program are to:
- Obtain high-quality professional and technical services
- Develop an industrial base of partners
- Develop and maintain performance-based contracts
- Contribute to the NOAA mission
About the ProTech PMO
NOAA’s Acquisition Grants Office (AGO) includes the Corporate Services Acquisition Division (CSAD), the ProTech Branch, and the ProTech Program Management Office (PMO). It offers account management for each domain, produces and maintains PMO guidance and procedures, and conducts outreach and training on the program.
The ProTech PMO consists of government contracting officers and account managers who are assigned to a specific domain. They oversee the domain contracts and provide program, acquisition, and administrative management support and guidance.
The PMO aims to improve the business operations and cost savings for NOAA. AGO and (DOC bureau) contracting officers will be responsible for awarding and managing ProTech task orders. Upon request of the government requiring activity of the task order (TO) contracting officer (CO), the ProTech PMO is available to offer guidance and assistance to NOAA Line and Staff Office Clients in the areas of:
- Market research and acquisition planning
- Source selection planning and evaluation planning
- Overall support of the requiring activity’s preparation of the work products necessary to complete the purchase requisition package
- For more information, please reach out to ProTech.Services@noaa.gov