Welcome aboard! As you prepare for your first day with us, commonly known as your Entrance on Duty, please print out and complete the following forms. Bring these with you to New Employee Orientation, along with two acceptable forms of identification.
New Hire Forms (for all new NOAA employee's):
- Declaration for Employment (OF-306)
- Pre-Appointment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
- Ethnicity and Race Identification (SF-181)
- Statement of Prior Federal Service (SF-144)
For Instructions on completing the New Hire Forms Package, please view the:
ID Badges and Computer Access
All NOAA employees are required to obtain an ID Badge known as a Common Access Card (CAC) for both facility and computer access.
New employees must call the CAC office at 301-713-3294 to confirm their status in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) before obtaining their CAC. The CAC operator will verify that they have a NOAA email address in their DEERS profile. If there is no NOAA email address in their profile, the new employee must provide it. They can obtain their NOAA email address from their NOAA supervisor.
CAC issuance is by appointment only. Appointments are scheduled online at:
Transfer Employees (in addition to the above forms)
- Loan Payment Coupon
- Until your TSP load have been transferred to NOAA
- Dental and Vision will not transfer, please contact Benefeds to complete this process
- Final Leave & Earnings statement
- This will come after your final paycheck from your previous agency
- Health Benefits Program
- Dental & Vision Program
- Life Insurance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Health Program
- Beneficiary Forms
We’re here to help. Please reach out to the points of contacts listed on your official offer letter.
Next-Generation Strategic Plan
Learn more about NOAA’s goals and objectives.