Office of Education Partnerships
The Office of Education manages partnerships that advance NOAA’s mission and draw on the assets of the agency.
The Bay Watershed Education and Training program engages in strategic partnerships.
- U.S. Department of Education 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Chesapeake Bay Programoffsite link
- Gulf of Mexico Allianceoffsite link
- Great Lakes Restoration Initiativeoffsite link
- NOAA Ocean Guardian School Program
The Environmental Literacy Program invests in partnerships with organizations.
- AMS DataStremeoffsite link
- Coastal Ecosystem Learning Center Network
- Exploratoriumoffsite link
- The GLOBE Program
- National Ocean Sciences Bowloffsite link
- Ocean Discovery Instituteoffsite link
- Science On a Sphere Users Collaborative Network
- Tri-Agency Climate Education Collaborative
eeBLUE is a five-year partnership between NOAA Office of Education and NAAEE to help create a more environmentally literate society that has the knowledge, skills, and motivation to conserve our natural resources and build more resilient communities across the country. Partnership activities strengthen professional networks, support high-quality STEM education, and provide education and outreach for educators and other audiences.
NOAA's 'Taking the Pulse of the Planet' Award recognizes outstanding student projects in ocean, coastal, Great Lakes, weather, and climate sciences.
Science Olympiad is an academic competition for students in grades K-12. NOAA has teamed up with Science Olympiad to provide in-depth and up-to-date resources for several events. NOAA employees also assist in supervising events at competitions and offering workshops for coaches.