José E. Serrano Educational Partnership Program with Minority Serving Institutions
The EPP/MSI is a Federal STEM education and NOAA mission future workforce program with focus on:
- supporting the training and graduation of students and increasing participation of students from traditionally underrepresented minority communities;
- developing eligible candidates in support of a diverse future workforce for NOAA and NOAA mission-related enterprises; and,
- post-secondary education and research capacity development in atmospheric, oceanic, and environmental sciences and remote sensing technology at MSIs supported through competitive awards.
The NOAA EPP/MSI Education and Science Forum Cancelled
The NOAA EPP/MSI 10th Biennial Education and Science Forum scheduled for March 29 - April 1, 2020 has been cancelled as a precautionary measure due to the COVID-19 public health threat. The rescheduled Forum date will be posted when available. Thank you. Read more here.
The four NOAA CSCs advance education and collaborative research, as well as support students and build capacity in NOAA-mission sciences at Minority Serving Institutions. Each CSC is led by a Minority Serving Institution and partnered with a NOAA line office. Together, the CSCs include 24 university campuses.
The 2021 EPP/MSI undergraduate scholarship application is now open — apply today!
This scholarship program increases the number of students, particularly from underrepresented minority communities, who attend Minority Serving Institutions and graduate with degrees in fields integral to NOAA's mission.
- Provides NOAA internships and one-on-one mentoring.
- Each scholar receives up to $45,000 for two academic years to support tuition and fees, attend a conference where oral or poster results are presented and other allowable expenses.
NERTO increases the number of EPP/MSI Cooperative Science Center-supported students who participate in meaningful NOAA mission-aligned science, technology, engineering, mathematics, policy, natural resource management, and social science research/training at NOAA facilities and earn NOAA mission-aligned postsecondary degrees.
Information about the Graduate Research & Training Scholarship Program, the Graduate Sciences Program, and the Environmental Entrepreneurship Program.