Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) Exploratorium (1)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) (1)
- American Meteorological Society (AMS) (1)
- Aquarium of the Pacific (1)
- Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) (1)
- Lawrence Hall of Science (2)
- National Aquarium / National Aquarium In Baltimore (NAIB) (1)
- New England Aquarium Corporation / New England Aquarium (NEAq) (1)
- Pacific Science Center (1)
- Seattle Aquarium (1)
- University of Hawaii System / Waikiki Aquarium (1)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln (1)
- Washington State Department of Ecology / Padilla Bay Reserve (1)
- Western Washington University (1)
Carbon Networks addresses the disconnect between scientific evidence and the public’s understanding of the impacts of ocean acidification and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. It brings together three diverse, informal education partners – the Exploratorium in San Francisco, the Waikiki Aquarium in Hawaii, and the Pacific Science Center in Seattle – in a collaborative project to co-design and implement professional development for staff and local educators, as well as create educational programs and activities for museum visitors to better understand the evolving narrative and impact of ocean acidification and climate change.