Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) National Aquarium / National Aquarium In Baltimore (NAIB) (1)
- Aquarium of the Pacific (1)
- Florida Aquarium (1)
- Institute for Learning Innovation (1)
- John G. Shedd Aquarium / Shedd Aquarium (1)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (2)
- New England Aquarium Corporation / New England Aquarium (NEAq) (2)
- North Carolina Aquarium Society / North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher (1)
- Sea Research Foundation / Mystic Aquarium (1)
- Tennessee Aquarium (1)
A National Coalition of Aquariums Educating About Climate Change
This collaboration led by three major national aquariums - National Aquarium in Baltimore, Monterey Bay Aquarium, and New England Aquarium - will develop a leadership initiative to build capacity within aquariums and related informal science education institutions nation-wide, enabling education staff to engage and inspire millions of visitors to take action about climate change and the ocean. Over three years, the aquariums will increase climate literacy among informal science educators by: 1) creating a national network for training, resource sharing and support; 2) developing climate change activity carts to support exhibit interpretation; 3) providing training for youth interpreters; and 4) hosting regional and national summits to strengthen collaboration and showcase and disseminate model programs. Outcomes for educators will include increased knowledge of climate change science; knowledge of strategies, tools and materials for educating about climate change; and confidence in their ability to communicate about climate change.