Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) Bishop Museum (1)
- American Museum of Natural History (1)
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery (1)
- Consortium for Ocean Leadership (1)
- Discovery Cube Orange County (OC) (1)
- Lawrence Hall of Science (1)
- North Carolina Aquarium Society / North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island (1)
- Oregon State University (OSU) / Hatfield Marine Science Center (1)
- Smithsonian Institution / National Zoological Park (1)
- Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts (1)
- (-) 2008: ELG for Spherical Display Systems for Earth Systems Science-Installations & Content (1)
- 2013: ELG for Building Capacity of Informal and Formal Educators (2)
- 2009: ELG for Science On a Sphere Network Capacity Building (2)
- 2006: Science On a Sphere Installation Cooperative Agreements (1)
- 2006: Environmental Literacy (1)
- 2005: Environmental Literacy (2)
Crossroads: Education through Spherical Projection Systems
Both Bishop Museum in Honolulu, Hawaii and Imiloa Astronomy Center in Hilo, Hawaii have installations of NOAA Science on a Sphere and experience with developing programs for spherical display systems. In collaboration with NOAA Pacific Services Center (PSC), these museums are producing and distributing four modules on earth system science topics for spherical display systems. These four modules will focus on climate change, the restless earth, weather and climate, and real-time planet earth. Hawaii State Department of Education will produce pre-visit and post-visit lessons for each of four school programs.