Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) Consortium for Ocean Leadership (1)
- American Meteorological Society (AMS) (1)
- Chugach School District (1)
- Dubuque County Historical Society / National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium (1)
- Eastern Michigan University (1)
- Florida Aquarium (1)
- Lawrence Hall of Science (1)
- Maine Mathematics and Science Alliance (1)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (1)
- Ocean Foundation / The Ocean Project (1)
- Sciencenter (1)
- Seward Association for the Advancement of Marine Science / Alaska SeaLife Center (1)
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) Center for Science Education (1)
Continuing of the National Ocean Sciences Bowl (NOSB) Competitions
The National Ocean Sciences Bowl (NOSB) is a nationally recognized high school academic competition. NOSB provides a forum for talented students to excel in science and math and introduces team members, their teachers, schools and communities to ocean sciences as an interdisciplinary field of study and a possible future career path. The program operates within a supportive ocean science learning community that involves the research community in pre-college education. Its focal point is a national competition that expands high school students' knowledge of the ocean and career pathways in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The program's goals are to: (1) cultivate environments which develop knowledgeable ocean stewards; (2) foster the use of the ocean as an interdisciplinary vehicle to teach science and mathematics; (3) reach out to and support the involvement of under-represented and geographically diverse communities in the ocean sciences; and (4) provide students with interactive education and career opportunities that develop critical thinking and workforce development skills.