Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) 2009: ELG for Science On a Sphere Network Capacity Building (1)
- 2020: ELG for Community Resilience to Extreme Weather Events and Environmental Hazards (1)
- 2014: NOAA Broad Agency Announcement for FY 2014—2015 (1)
- 2013: ELG for Building Capacity of Informal and Formal Educators (2)
- 2010: ELG for Informal/Nonformal Education (1)
- 2009: Ocean Education Grants for AZA Aquariums (1)
- 2008: Science On a Sphere Program Evaluation (1)
- 2008: ELG for Spherical Display Systems for Earth Systems Science-Installations & Content (1)
- 2005: Environmental Literacy (4)
Science On a Sphere Revitalization Act for ASTC 2010 and Beyond
The Bishop Museum is installing new Science On a Sphere (SOS) projectors and computers in advance of the 2010 Association of Science Technology Centers (ASTC) conference in Honolulu, HI. The state of the art hardware will allow the Bishop Museum and Lawrence Hall of Science to showcase NOAA-funded programming for the museum community during the conference. The project also seeks to build network capacity by creating and maintaining a database on SOS sites' hardware within the existing NOAA yahoo usergroup forum and through conference participation. Project evaluation efforts will focus on the aesthetics of SOS imagery pre and post installation and whether or not it significantly impacts the visitor experience.