Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) Earth Force (1)
- American Meteorological Society (AMS) (4)
- Colorado State University (2)
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science (1)
- Manomet, Inc. (1)
- Museum of Science Boston (1)
- New England Aquarium Corporation / New England Aquarium (NEAq) (4)
- Technical Education Research Centers / TERC (1)
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) Center for Science Education (2)
- University of Colorado Boulder / Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) (2)
- University of Colorado Boulder / Fiske Planetarium (2)
Environmental Service-Learning Project (ESLP)
The Great Lakes Science and Service Learning Initiative (GLSSLI) is a collaborative effort to take Earth Force's proven science-based service learning approach to scale in Michigan by institutionalizing the model within Michigan school districts. By working with the Michigan Community Service Commission's Learn & Serve program and the Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative we are able to leverage statewide structures to make grants directly to school districts, support school districts as they institutionalize the programs and provide on-going professional development to educators. Scaling the GREEN model will deepen student understanding of science by working directly on the environmental problems facing their communities and develop the skills and personal commitment inherent in environmental literacy.