Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) 2011/2012: ELG for Formal K-12 Education (1)
- 2022: ELG for Community Resilience to Extreme Weather Events and Environmental Hazards (2)
- 2018: ELG for Community Resilience to Extreme Weather Events and Environmental Hazards (3)
- 2017: Cooperative Program for Atmospheric Sciences Education (1)
- 2016: ELG for Community Resilience to Extreme Weather Events and Environmental Hazards (1)
- 2013: ELG for Building Capacity of Informal and Formal Educators (1)
- 2012: AMS Datastreme Program (1)
- 2010: Support for GLOBE Program Office Activities (1)
- 2010: ELG for Informal/Nonformal Education (2)
- 2009: Ocean Education Grants for AZA Aquariums (2)
- 2009: ELG for Science On a Sphere Network Capacity Building (1)
- 2007: Program for Professional Development of Educators in Atmospheric and Ocean Sciences (1)
- 2006: Science On a Sphere Installation Cooperative Agreements (1)
- 2006: Environmental Literacy (1)
- 2005: Environmental Literacy (2)
Environmental Service-Learning Project (ESLP)
The Great Lakes Science and Service Learning Initiative (GLSSLI) is a collaborative effort to take Earth Force's proven science-based service learning approach to scale in Michigan by institutionalizing the model within Michigan school districts. By working with the Michigan Community Service Commission's Learn & Serve program and the Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative we are able to leverage statewide structures to make grants directly to school districts, support school districts as they institutionalize the programs and provide on-going professional development to educators. Scaling the GREEN model will deepen student understanding of science by working directly on the environmental problems facing their communities and develop the skills and personal commitment inherent in environmental literacy.