Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) 2008: Science On a Sphere Program Evaluation (1)
- 2020: ELG for Community Resilience to Extreme Weather Events and Environmental Hazards (1)
- 2014: NOAA Broad Agency Announcement for FY 2014—2015 (1)
- 2013: ELG for Building Capacity of Informal and Formal Educators (2)
- 2010: ELG for Informal/Nonformal Education (1)
- 2009: Ocean Education Grants for AZA Aquariums (1)
- 2009: ELG for Science On a Sphere Network Capacity Building (1)
- 2008: ELG for Spherical Display Systems for Earth Systems Science-Installations & Content (2)
- 2005: Environmental Literacy (4)
Understanding the Impact of Science on a Sphere
The Institute for Learning Innovation (ILI) will undertake a rigorous study of the public learning impact of the Science on a Sphere (SOS) museum education program that was began by NOAA in 2005. As proposed, this study will identify and evaluate the range and depth of SOS audience impacts and outcomes to provide the essential baseline understanding for its ongoing and future uses. The study will further explore the role and impact of data visualization in contemporary society as an effective means of deepening public understanding of such complex issues as Earth natural systems.