Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) NatureBridge (1)
- Aquarium of the Pacific (3)
- Califa (1)
- California Academy of Sciences (1)
- California State University at Monterey Bay (1)
- Colorado State University (2)
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science (1)
- Discovery Cube Orange County (OC) (1)
- Earth Force (1)
- Exploratorium (2)
- Lawrence Hall of Science (4)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (4)
- Tech Museum of Innovation (2)
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) Center for Science Education (2)
- University of Colorado Boulder / Fiske Planetarium (2)
Environmental Literacy for All: Creating Comprehensive Environmental Service Learning and Professional Development for Diverse K-12 Students and Teachers
NatureBridge is expanding its highly successful, 41-year environmental education model through teacher engagement and service learning programs to empower the next diverse generation of climate and environmentally literate citizens. Through partnerships with schools, districts, and environmental organizations, service learning opportunities will be established for civic engagement in NatureBridge students' home communities. This engagement effort includes the creation of new climate literacy curriculum, the application of cutting-edge monitoring technology and online resources for public participation in scientific research, the exposure of youth to STEM career options, and the significant increase in diversity of students served by NatureBridge programming. This work will be informed by and benefit from NOAA assets across our service areas. By strengthening existing and creating new engagement programs throughout our organization, teachers will become fully versed in the principles of environmental and climate literacy. These programs will focus on increasing accessibility, diversifying our participants, and incorporating best practices and climate literacy content.