Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) Tennessee Aquarium (1)
- Aquarium of the Pacific (1)
- Florida Aquarium (1)
- John G. Shedd Aquarium / Shedd Aquarium (1)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (2)
- National Aquarium / National Aquarium In Baltimore (NAIB) (1)
- New England Aquarium Corporation / New England Aquarium (NEAq) (2)
- North Carolina Aquarium Society / North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher (1)
- Sea Research Foundation / Mystic Aquarium (1)
Connecting Tennessee to the World Ocean
Connecting Tennessee to the World Ocean is a three-year capacity building project of the Tennessee Aquarium and its partners, the Hamilton County Department of Education, Calvin Donaldson Environmental Science Academy, and NOAA’s National Weather Service. Expanded capacity, in turn, allows the institution to reach a broader audience with a message connecting Tennessee’s waterways to the world ocean. Primary project outcomes are increased ocean literacy and expanded ocean stewardship ethics in targeted Aquarium audiences. A series of specific activities focused on ocean literacy and global change make this possible, including expanding Aquarium classroom capacity by 60% to serve more students, expanded videoconferencing opportunities in partnership with NWS, free admission and programming for underrepresented students from across the region, expanded educational opportunities on the Aquarium’s website, updated interpretive panels focusing on global change, installation of a NOAA WeatherBug station, a civic engagement series, and professional development for Aquarium educators.