Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) Smithsonian Institution / National Zoological Park (1)
- American Museum of Natural History (1)
- Bishop Museum (1)
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery (1)
- Institute for Learning Innovation (1)
- Lawrence Hall of Science (1)
- North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) (1)
- North Carolina Aquarium Society / North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island (1)
- Oregon State University (OSU) / Hatfield Marine Science Center (1)
- Sciencenter (1)
- Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts (1)
A NOAA Spherical Display System at the Smithsonian National Zoological Park
The Smithsonian National Zoological Park (SNZP) in Washington, DC is integrating the NOAA Science on a Sphere(SOS) spherical display system into SNZP's Amazonia Science Gallery (ASG). The SOS system at ASG will be seen in person by tens of thousands of visitors each year and potentially by millions more through electronic outreach programs. The SOS system will become an integral part of the exhibit and will be used for both informal and formal science education programs at the National Zoo.