Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) Ocean Foundation / The Ocean Project (1)
- American Museum of Natural History (1)
- Butler University (1)
- California Academy of Sciences (1)
- College of Exploration (1)
- Colorado State University (1)
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science (1)
- Exploratorium (1)
- Literacy Volunteers America of Monroe County (1)
- Miami Museum of Science / Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science (1)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (1)
- Nurture Nature Center (1)
- Science Museum of Minnesota (1)
- Science Museum of Virginia (1)
- Seacoast Science Center (1)
- Triangle Coalition for Science and Technology Education (1)
- Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York / Columbia University (1)
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) Center for Science Education (1)
- University of Maryland / Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites (CICS-M) (1)
- University of Wisconsin–Madison / Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS) (1)
Applying Social Research to Build Environmental Literacy and Public Engagement in Protecting Ocean Resources
This project will expand and enhance an initiative that offers zoos, aquariums, and science museums the market research they need to engage and motivate the public on issues related to the ocean and climate change. The three-year project will measure changes in public awareness and action on ocean and climate-related issues. It will integrate these research findings into recommendations offered to staff working at zoos, aquariums, and science museums as well as to the ocean conservation community and provide professional development for staff members at these institutions in order to support and shape public outreach efforts that connect climate change, the ocean and individual actions, especially among our nation's youth.