Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) Nurture Nature Center (1)
- American Museum of Natural History (1)
- Butler University (1)
- California Academy of Sciences (1)
- College of Exploration (1)
- Colorado State University (1)
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science (1)
- Exploratorium (1)
- Literacy Volunteers America of Monroe County (1)
- Miami Museum of Science / Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science (1)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (1)
- Science Museum of Minnesota (1)
- Science Museum of Virginia (1)
- Seacoast Science Center (1)
- University of Maryland / Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites (CICS-M) (1)
- University of Wisconsin–Madison / Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS) (1)
Science on a Sphere and Flood Forums: Education to Action
The Nurture Nature Center (NNC) in Easton, PA, a joint project of the multi-state Nurture Nature Foundation and NNC, Inc., will install a Science on a Sphere and develop a new SOS module about climate and flooding. Working with the Maryland Science Center in Baltimore, the Da Vinci Science Center in Allentown, PA, and science advisers from NOAA and research universities, NNC will use existing SOS datasets, as well as new data formats, to create a docent-guided program that explains the connections between climate patterns and flooding. The Flood Forums: Education to Action program will engage audiences in deliberative forum programming to promote public understanding of the atmospheric, oceanic, and other climatic factors affecting flooding in some regional communities. Project deliverables include a program on climate change and flooding for SOS users; the same program calibrated for Magic Planet users; Forum models on issues related to climate change and flooding; project and evaluation reports; and training materials for SOS network members and other informal educators.