Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) University of Maryland / Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites (CICS-M) (1)
- American Museum of Natural History (3)
- Groundwork Hudson Valley (1)
- Institute for Learning Innovation (1)
- Maryland Science Center (2)
- National Aquarium / National Aquarium In Baltimore (NAIB) (2)
- National Marine Sanctuary Foundation (NMSF) (1)
- Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks / The Wild Center (1)
- Research Foundation of CUNY / Brooklyn College (1)
- Research Foundation of the City University of New York / Queens College (1)
- Sciencenter (1)
- Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York / Columbia University (1)
- U.S. Satellite Laboratory (1)
Interpretation of Real-Time Weather and Climate Data for Spherical Displays
The Interpretation of Real-time Weather and Climate for Spherical Displays (EarthNow) project utilizes the Science on a Sphere (SOS) Network to enable meaningful interpretation of real-time weather and climate data by museum docents and visitors viewing SOS exhibits nationwide. The project will generate and provide real-time NOAA weather, climate and ocean data to the SOS Network along with appropriate training for docents. It will also provide data interpretation summaries, data discussions and concise talking points on a regularly updated blog. This project is being implemented by a collaborative team of two weather and climate centers of NOAA/NESDIS: the Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies (CIMSS) and Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites (CICS), in association with the NOAA Environmental Visualization Laboratory, the I.M. Systems Group, and the Maryland Science Center.