Use the filter menu and interactive map to explore the past competitions offered and grants awarded through the Environmental Literacy Program.
To learn more about project findings and outcomes, view the summaries of our grantees’ summative evaluation reports.
- (-) Florida Aquarium (1)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) (1)
- Aquarium of the Pacific (1)
- Bishop Museum (1)
- Discovery Cube Orange County (OC) (1)
- Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) (1)
- John G. Shedd Aquarium / Shedd Aquarium (1)
- Lawrence Hall of Science (1)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (2)
- National Aquarium / National Aquarium In Baltimore (NAIB) (1)
- New England Aquarium Corporation / New England Aquarium (NEAq) (2)
- North Carolina Aquarium Society / North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher (1)
- Sea Research Foundation / Mystic Aquarium (1)
- Tennessee Aquarium (1)
- University of Colorado Boulder / Fiske Planetarium (1)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln (1)
Climate Change Community Outreach Initiative
To promote ocean and climate change literacy that addresses the needs of our region, six aquariums based on the Gulf of Mexico will partner to educate our communities on both our risks and ways to contribute locally to sustainability. The aquariums will combine community outreach programs, stewardship promotion, social networking and workshops for non-formal educators to reach broad audiences throughout the Gulf in Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas and Mexico. Each partner will develop content that emphasizes local ecosystems and consequences of climate change, tailoring stewardship activities to address them. Over five years, the aquariums will reach out to diverse audiences in their communities, which have populations that total over five million people.