The CELC network works across institutions to better engage the public in protecting coastal and marine ecosystems. As outlined in the Coastal Ecosystem Learning Centers network Strategic Plan, the network’s objectives are:
- Improve ocean and climate literacy among our audiences.
- Increase participation in coastal and ocean conservation and stewardship activities.
- Foster our audiences’ relationship with the coastal environment and increase community resilience.
- Establish and support a community of practice with emphasis on cross-institution communication, coordination, and professional development.
To meet these goals, the network focuses on a variety of initiatives:
- Youth Summit
- Communication and Collaboration
- Community Resilience
- Aquaculture Education
Overall, the CELC network is continuously working to evaluate progress, share resources, and strengthen capacity.