NOAA to announce major upgrades to U.S. weather model March 22
On March 22, NOAA’s Global Forecast System — commonly referred to as the American Model — will undergo significant upgrades to boost weather forecasting capabilities across the U.S. and the globe.
The Director of the National Weather Service and an expert from NOAA’s Environmental Modeling Center will discuss what is new and improved and will answer questions from reporters.
- Media teleconference followed by Q&A
- Monday, March 22, 1:00 p.m. ET
- Louis W. Uccellini, Ph.D., Director, NOAA’s National Weather Service
- Vijay Tallapragada, Ph.D., Chief of the Modeling and Data Assimilation Branch, NOAA’s Environmental Modeling Center
- This briefing is for credentialed reporters only.
In the U.S.: 888-324-8119