Thank you for visiting the website of the NOAA Office of General Counsel. While the NOAA Office of General Counsel strives to make the information on this website as accurate as possible, neither the NOAA Office of General Counsel, NOAA or the U.S. Department of Commerce makes any claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this website, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in its contents. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this website or its links to other Internet resources. Links to other such resources does not constitute our endorsement or approval of them or the information they contain, and we do not vouch for the validity or accuracy of the information found on those sites.
Information appearing on this website:
- is for general informational purposes only;
- is not intended to provide, or be relied upon as, legal advice to any individual or entity;
- is not intended to represent or reflect an interpretation by the NOAA Office of General Counsel, NOAA, the U.S. Department of Commerce or the United States of any law or policy referenced; and
- is offered without prejudice to, or limitation on, any view or position that may be taken by the NOAA Office of General Counsel, NOAA, the U.S. Department of Commerce or the United States regarding any matter or issue.
- Links to the NOAA Office of General Counsel Website are permitted. The use of NOAA or U.S. Department of Commerce seals, emblems, insignia and logos, however, is protected and requires advance written authorization. See Department of Commerce Administrative Order 201-1, Approval and Use of Seals, Emblems, Insignia and Logos (May 2, 2008); Department of Commerce Administrative Order 201-17, The Seal of the Department of Commerce (March 17, 2008); NOAA Administrative Order 201-32D, NOAA Visual Communication System (December 13, 1996); 15 CFR 995.28 offsite link (Use of NOAA Emblem). The fact that a website links to the NOAA Office of General Counsel Website does not indicate that we have any responsibility for the content of that site, nor does it constitute an official endorsement or approval by the NOAA Office of General Counsel, NOAA, or the U.S. Department of Commerce of that site or the information it contains.