NOAA education outreach
Education outreach includes:
- A web presence for education outreach, at NOAA.gov/education.
- The Education Outreach Center — the central repository of educational materials, activities, and supplements for educators.
- STEM education conferences with presentations by NOAA staff and exhibit space for resource sharing.
- Community events that focus on hands-on education activities for families.
- Student or community-based contests and awards with NOAA staff support at the local, regional, and national level. Examples include Science Olympiad, the National Ocean Sciences Bowl, science fairs, etc.
We provide educational materials developed by NOAA offices to employees, formal and informal educators, students, researchers, and grant partners in support of agency conferences, classroom visits, and community outreach events.
Many of our resources are available only on the web, keeping us greener and saving on printing costs. Most of our educational materials are not copyrighted so you may duplicate and even modify to fit your needs.
Because availability of printed material changes quickly, we have no catalog. Contact us to discuss how we may help you. Let us know the topic for your event, the age or grade level you are working with, class size (or how many people you might expect to attend your event), and the date of your event. Materials are sent via U.S. Postal Service unless you wish to expedite by providing your FedEx or UPS account number.
For inquiries on available services and materials please contact us at:NOAA Education Outreach Center 1305 East West Highway SSMC4, Room 1W514 Silver Spring, MD 20910 Phone: (301) 713-1208 Email: email@example.com
Calendar — coming soon!