NOAA Education social media comment policy
We encourage public interaction and communication about the content we post on our social media accounts. However, this does not imply that NOAA Education agrees with or accepts the content, opinions, or views expressed within any public comment. The person who posts a comment is solely responsible for the content of the comment.
While we do not discriminate against views or opinions posted to our social networking accounts, we reserve the right to remove any comment. A comment will not be edited or modified to remove unacceptable content; the entire comment will simply be deleted. Some of the reasons we may remove a comment are listed below:
- Contains vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups
- Promotes products or services (non-commercial links that are relevant to NOAA Ocean Today are acceptable)
- Is far off topic (i.e., not within the scope of NOAA Ocean Today)
- Makes unsupported accusations.
- Spam, including content that promotes products or services or contains gratuitous links (links or references to other NOAA webpages or federal government sites are acceptable)
- Political campaigning or lobbying
Users will be reported as abusive if they post three or more comments that meet the above criteria.
The social media channels listed above are third party Web services used by NOAA (part of the Department of Commerce) for outreach. Use of these platforms requires a free membership; the Department of Commerce does not endorse membership on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest, nor does the Department of Commerce have any control or responsibility for privacy on these platforms.