NOAA and Navy to discuss new information about USS Conestoga
Officials from NOAA and the U.S. Navy will discuss recent findings concerning the mystery of the Navy tug USS Conestoga, which disappeared with 56 crew members on board in 1921.
Wed., Mar. 23, 10:00 a.m. EDT
The United States Navy Memorial
Naval Heritage Center
701 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20004
- Vice Adm. Manson Brown, NOAA deputy administrator, assistant secretary of Commerce for environmental observation and prediction
- Dennis McGinn, Navy assistant secretary for energy, installations and environment
- Rear Adm. Sam Cox, director, Naval History and Heritage Command
- James Delgado, director, NOAA Maritime Heritage Program
- Robert Schwemmer, coordinator, NOAA West Coast Maritime Heritage Program
MEDIA RSVP: All interested journalists should RSVP to either of the media contacts above for access to the event.
NOTE: A mult box and WiFi Internet will be available.