National Hurricane Conference scheduled for Orlando, Florida
NOAA’s National Hurricane Center Director Rick Knabb, Ph.D., and several hurricane experts will be available for one-on-one interviews during the 38th annual National Hurricane Conference, March 21 to 24, in Orlando, Florida.
Throughout the four-day program, NOAA hurricane specialists will join experts from other federal agencies, academia and the emergency management community to conduct and participate in workshops and panel discussions regarding tropical cyclones.
All sessions of the conference are open to the media. For a full conference agenda, including session subjects, speakers and schedules, please visit the conference website at http://www.hurricanemeeting.comoffsite link. Media must register for credentials at http://hurricanemeeting.com/mediaoffsite link
Availability for one-on-one media interviews with NHC hurricane experts
Mon. - Thu., Mar. 21 - 24, 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. EDT
Media must reserve interview blocks by contacting Dennis Feltgen directly at the phone numbers or emails below.
- Rick Knabb, Ph.D., director, National Hurricane Center
- Chris Landsea, Ph.D., science and operations officer
- James Franklin, branch chief, hurricane specialist unit
- Daniel Brown, warning coordination meteorologist & senior hurricane specialist
- Michael Brennan, Ph.D., senior hurricane specialist
- Robbie Berg, hurricane specialist
- Eric Blake, hurricane specialist
- Jamie Rhome, storm surge team leader
Sand Lake/Ruby Lake Room
6001 Destination Parkway
Orlando, Fla. 32819