NOAA to discuss monthly climate conditions for U.S. and globe
Experts recap April, provide climate outlooks through August, and discuss extreme rainfall and impacts in Texas over the last 12 months.
UPDATED: May 19, 2016. Audio from today's call is posted to the "Related Resources" section below.
May 17, 2016
On Thursday, May 19, climate and weather experts will discuss key findings from NOAA's April U.S. and global climate analyses and the latest forecast for El Niño/La Niña and how that may influence temperature and precipitation in the coming months. In addition, an expert will discuss extreme rainfall and impacts in Texas over the last 12 months.
Thursday, May 19, 11:00 - 11:45 a.m. ET (USA)
• Jake Crouch, climate scientist, NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information-Climate Monitoring Branch
• Victor Murphy, climate service program manager, NOAA's National Weather Service-Southern Region
• Stephen Baxter, meteorologist and seasonal forecaster, NOAA's Climate Prediction Center-Operational Prediction Branch
Conference call (slides will accompany call, see below)
• questions and answers
1. Dial into the conference call
• 1-888-316-9414 U.S./Canada (toll-free)
• 1-210-234-0036 International (toll)
• Passcode: "Climate"
2. view slides at: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/briefings (available approximately one-hour before call)
• John Leslie, email@example.com, 301-713-0214
• Brady Phillips, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-407-1298
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information climate reports recapping April 2016:
- http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/summary-info/national/201604 (U.S.)
- http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/summary-info/global/201604 (Global) (available on May 18 at 11:00 AM ET).
- NOAA Climate Prediction Center outlooks & assessments: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov
- U.S. Drought Portal: http://www.drought.gov
- NOAA El Niño page:https://www.climate.gov/enso
- NOAA Climate Portal: http://www.climate.gov
- Upcoming NOAA climate monitoring reports: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/monitoring-references/dyk/monthly-releases